Thursday, February 4, 2010

Anarchist...Sure, why not?

http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/5734953/confessions-of-a-middleclass-anarchist.thtml

Apologies - cannot make the link work...if you want to read the piece (I recommend it) you'll need to copy and paste the address into your browser...

Reading this piece about the life of a middle-class anarchist in Britain had me up in arms and enthusiastically supportive of his techniques. When government becomes petty and overbearing, like the bully that steals your lunch money in the school yard, well, hell yeah, at that point, anything you can get away with that contravenes the bullshit laws is fair game...and maybe even fun!

As a libertarian, I am beginning to see more and more value in the anarchist view point... Show me a government/state that is benevolent and selfless...I'll show you my 18 point golf game!

In any event, I digress...the article is humorous but only in the gallows sense. I feel pity for the English now living under their warren of banal rules...I feel horror for the Americans, knowing what awaits them if they do not wake up to the tyranny of the Nanny State...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List