Friday, January 22, 2010

Calling all Death Pimps...

Well, in a manner of speaking anyway. As I told (Texas) Mike the other day, I am in the market for some home defense tools... Mike gave me some great advice and although a shotgun is arguably the best home defense weapon, I think I want to start with a pistol (or two). Based on my range and shoot house experiences, I am not so sure that I want a 9 mil...probably looking at a .40 or .45 mostly for security of 'stopping' power. As a family man, budget is always a consideration...as is quality. So, setting an arbitrary ceiling of $700...any thoughts and rationalizations out there for what might hit the mark? (Yeah, bad pun!)

1 comment:

  1. .38 special, 4" barrel, revolver. Revolver wont jam and if misfires just pull trigger again. Larger caliber and magnum loads are too loud in close quarters and "kickback" slows target-reacquisition after firing. Ammo is available and cheap. Ruger GP100 Blued steel w/pachmayr grips. glo sights

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List