Friday, January 22, 2010

Is Liberty Doomed? | Tenth Amendment Center Blog

Is Liberty Doomed? | Tenth Amendment Center Blog

While I agree with this author's assertion that there is something amiss when the states must pass resolutions affirming their rights under the 9th and 10th amendments, I would take the level of umbrage a step further and ask, why must we stand up for our rights that are explicitly negatively and positively delineated in the constitution...

OK - somewhat of a rhetorical question as I believe we MUST stand up whenever and wherever our rights, our constitution, and our country are threatened. I guess I also, more pointedly, believe that neither the states nor the individuals should NEED to be reminded about what is at stake...we, collectively and individually should be walking and talking it every day so that is is woven into the fabric of our lives and speaking about it would be merely an exercise in superfluous jaw-jawing...

So, obviously we are NOT there and proactive action on our part is a MUST...the goal of aggressive action now would be for clear understanding and muted calm later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List